Thursday, July 21, 2022

Home Quarantine

Dear Friends, 

My arrival for-home quarantine was largely uneventful, the bus dropped me off and went to my apartment. The guards were kind enough to help with my luggage. They did seem a bit unprepared to receive me. After about 30 minutes in my apartment, the messages started coming. 


Through these clear messages, I understood that I was not to leave my apartment. First order of business-food delivery. I immediately got on the local delivery app and ordered some fresh food. During the week in the facility, I had not been served anything fresh. Thankful for the apples a friend sent. I would have been miserable without those apples.  I couldn't wait to get some salads and smoothies from Wagas.

I didn't receive much communication about my requirements. Near the end of the first day, I heard a noise outside my door to discover that a sensor was put on my door. It had actually fallen off in the heat. I didn't even know it was out there so that prompted more texts in the group chat. Real food and my own home. I was so happy to have been released after day 7. Reading through the numerous group chats I'm in, it seems I am one of the few that was actually released on day 7 to finish quarantine at home. Back to the food I wanted and my trusty treadmill. My step count in quarantine was a sad state of affairs.


 
Supposed to be released on day 10, I messaged the group about when I might get my final Covid test so I could be released. They did not know, that we are waiting for the CDC to contact the hospital. More lack of clarity and frustration. On the morning of day 11, I received a phone call informing me someone would be over in an hour to give me a test. At 9 am I opened the door to this. I was never so glad to see someone in a hazmat suit at my apartment door.

Check out that Covid toolbelt! 

This one was a throat and nose swab, which she took and went on her way. About 20 minutes later, she returned as she realized she had not gotten all my personal information. She said she was too nervous speaking English to me the first time. (So sweet!). She told me that when my test resuts showed up, I could leave. 

Around 1:30, I checked my app....

Green is negative! 




I had the negative test and the updated green code. That 24 on the bottom left is important. More on that in an upcoming post. I was free...or was I? I wrote the group chat and send these screenshots....I heard nothing for an hour. I wrote again, explaining all my newly found quarantine friends had been released from their hotels and I wanted confirmation that I could go.  Finally after a few more messages....I was FREE! 

Love, 
Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment