Dear Friends,
On March 28, 2020, China closed its borders due to the pandemic. Since that time, the reopening has been slow with work visas again being issued to only employees, not dependants for a while. And of course, quarantine upon arrival. Travel back to the US was not possible for over two years. When it was permitted, it was not easy due to the process to get back. In the early days, return required blood tests and the usual throat swab along with the application for a green code from the Chinese Embassy to return. Last summer, I still needed two Covid tests from approved labs in one of five departure cities from the US and a green code from the Chinese Embassy. I was expecting to come back to a 21-day quarantine that was reduced to 10 days right before my departure. How I got that lucky, I'll never know.
So much has happened in the last few months, which I will update here in upcoming posts. In the last few weeks, things have changed dramatically with China dropping its Zero-Covid policies. Yesterday was the announcement the ex-pat community has been waiting for. China is dropping its hotel quarantine upon arrival. To say it was big news would be an understatement.
No comments:
Post a Comment